The holidays have arrived at Spitfire Girl! We’re loving our unique and thoughtful gifts, vintage-inspired wrapping paper, and sparkly ornaments, and all of the good vibes that go along with them. And if you’re looking for a DIY-able way to get into the seasonal spirit yourself, we’ve got you covered too. Just follow these easy steps to make a cute lil’ snowman, perfect for decorating your mantle or sneaking into a stocking!
It’s gift giving time! Why not make some little handmade boxes for all the gifts you buy from Spitfire Girl (wink wink!) We used the decorative paper wrap sheets we carry in our stores to make this DIY box. Below are the steps for you to make your own.
Start with a wrap sheet, which you can pick up at either of our LA stores on Melrose, or in Los Feliz.
Then follow these step by step origami directions.
Repeat these same steps for the lid. And voila!
The holidays are right around the corner, and that means one thing: pie, and entertaining (okay, maybe two things). We love a good party, especially one with a theme. But who says that theme needs to be gourd- or tinsel-centric? This year, shake up your festivities with a whimsical, nature-inspired spin on the traditional table centerpiece. It’s also super easy to assemble, which means more time to celebrate!
What you’ll need:
- Small branches. Try rosemary, eucalyptus, or pine boughs for some extra yummy smells, or opt for simple birch twigs for a minimalist look.
- String or baker’s twine
- Candle (our signature soy-blend candles are perfect!)
- Dishware with botanical or animal patterns (we’re currently crushing on these pieces from Laura Zindel)
What you’ll do:
- Shape the branches into a circular wreath, making sure the wreath is large enough to fit around your candle.
- Tie the ends of the branches together with small pieces of string. You can double-knot the string, or make tiny bows to amp up the cute factor.
- Place the candle in the middle of the wreath to make your pretty centerpiece.
- Set the table with dishes covered with flora and fauna.
- Toast your guests in your own tabletop botanical paradise!
For more holiday entertaining and gifting inspiration, check out our LA stores on Melrose and in Los Feliz, and browse spitfiregirl.com!
Hey guys! I’m new to the Spitfire scene. (Nice to meet you). So. It’s my first Xmas in LA. Being an east coast girl, I’m kind of a holiday snob. I like for there to be real snowmen made out of real snow, non-hipster knitted outerwear, and for the air to freeze your jingle bells off immediately upon stepping out the front door.
But this year, I dunno… I’m kinda embracing more of a tropical Xmas thing. Santa in a bikini thong. Palm trees littered with fairy lights. A real life Corona commercial.